Saint Louis beats Richmond 85-72 in 3 OTs
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Kwamain Mitchell scored eight of his career-high 23 points in the third overtime period to lift Saint Louis over Richmond 85-72 on Sunday.
Kevin Lisch led the Billikins (14-9, 5-4 Atlantic 10 Conference) with 27 points, including a game-tying 3-pointer with 0.2 seconds left in the second overtime. He also had nine rebounds, three assists and three steals in 52 minutes.
David Gonzalves led four Spiders (11-12, 3-5) in double figures with 19 points. Kevin Smith added a career-high 17, Ryan Butler 11 and Kevin Anderson 10.
Down 58-52 with 3:07 left in regulation, the Billikins held the Spiders scoreless until overtime, going on a 6-0 run to send the game into the first extra period. Mitchell scored four points in the spurt.
The Spiders have lost four straight games.
- Saint Louis beats Richmond 85-72 in 3 OTs
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU