N.C.-Wilmington 65, Northeastern 77
BOSTON (AP)—Chaisson Allen scored 21 points as Northeastern defeated North Carolina-Wilmington 77-65 on Saturday.
North Carolina-Wilmington pulled within six, 69-63, with a minute to play after Dominique Lacy hit a 3-pointer. But Northeastern made eight free throws to close it out.
Johnny Wolf scored 19 points and Lacy added 18 points and seven rebounds to lead North Carolina-Wilmington (6-19, 3-10 Colonial Athletic Association).
Baptiste Bataille had 14 points and Matt Janning finished with 13 points, six rebounds and three assists for Northeastern (16-7, 11-2).
Northeastern shot over 56 percent from the field, including 42 percent on 3-point shots. The Huskies also missed just one of 14 free throws.
North Carolina-Wilmington’s leading scorer Chad Tomko, who came in averaging a team-high 32 minutes per game, was limited to 14 minutes and nine points due to foul trouble.
Northeastern led 36-29 at the break as Allen scored 15 first half points on 6-of-7 shooting.
- N.C.-Wilmington 65, Northeastern 77
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent