UNC Greensboro beats Georgia Southern 84-76
STATESBORO, Ga. (AP)—Mikko Koivisto scored a career-high 26 points off the bench to lead North Carolina-Greensboro past Georgia Southern 84-76 Saturday night, snapping the Spartans’ six-game losing streak.
Koivisto was 7-for-10 from the field, including 5-for-7 from 3-point range to avenge a 72-63 loss to the Eagles on Jan. 15.
Ben Stywall added 23 points for UNC Greensboro (4-18, 3-10 Southern Conference), which shot a season-best 59.6 percent from the field (31 of 52). Damian Eargle had 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Georgia Southern (7-15, 5-9) lost its fifth straight game despite 21 points apiece from Tyler Troupe, Ben Drayton III and Antonio Hanson.
The Spartans took a 20-7 lead, but the Eagles closed to 42-36 at halftime and trailed 44-42 with 18:37 left.
UNC Greensboro used an 18-3 run to lead by 17. Georgia Southern pulled within 81-76 with 1:44 left.
- UNC Greensboro beats Georgia Southern 84-76
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent