ETSU beats Florida Gulf Coast 102-78
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Kevin Tiggs scored 29 points and Courtney Pigram poured in 27 to lead East Tennessee State to a 102-78 rout of Florida Gulf Coast on Saturday.
Tiggs and Pigram each hit three 3-pointers and Mike Smith was 4-for-8 from the 3-point line, finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Buccaneers (17-6, 11-2 Atlantic Sun Conference). Isiah Brown also chipped in with 11 points.
Reed Baker and Reggie Chambers scored 18 points apiece to lead the Eagles (10-16, 6-9). Derrick O’Neil had 10.
Trailing 23-15 with 13:05 to play in the first half, East Tennessee State went on a 30-4 run during the next 10 minutes to blow the game open. East Tennessee State was up by 17 at halftime, and increased its lead to 67-42 six minutes into the second half.
East Tennessee State outscored FGC 38-18 in the paint, and 24-9 on second-chance points.
- ETSU beats Florida Gulf Coast 102-78
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent