Colorado State ends 3-game skid with 71-65 win
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP)—Marcus Walker scored 20 points and Jesse Carr added 16 as Colorado State snapped a three-game losing streak with a 71-65 victory over TCU Saturday night.
Walker scored 16 of his points in the second half for Colorado State (8-15, 3-6 Mountain West). Harvey Perry had five of his 11 points in the final two minutes.
Kevin Lankford led TCU (13-10, 4-5) with 19 points. Edvinas Ruzgas and Ronnie Moss had 11 each for the Horned Frogs, who lost for the fourth straight time.
TCU led by as many as nine points in the second half and took its last lead, 58-57, on two free throws by Ruzgas with 3:48 left. Walker tied the game at 58-58 with a free throw, and Carr’s layup put the Rams ahead for good with 2:28 remaining.
- Colorado State ends 3-game skid with 71-65 win
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU