Austin Peay defeats Murray State 83-80
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Drake Reed scored 32 points and Austin Peay defeated Murray State 83-80 on Saturday night.
Reed scored nine points and Wes Channels had 12 in the second half points for Austin Peay (13-10, 9-4 Ohio Valley Conference), who outscored the Racers (11-10, 6-5) 38-35 in the half.
The Governors trailed 65-61 with 12:22 remaining, before going on a 9-2 run capped by Kyle Duncan’s 3-pointer to take a 70-67 lead with 8:27 left.
One game after tallying 35 points, 18 rebounds and five blocks against Tennessee-Martin, Reed again surpassed his 21 points per game average and grabbed seven rebounds and had four blocks against Murray State.
Thomas Danero led the Racers with 30 points and Tyler Holloway added 14.
Austin Peay ended a three-game losing streak—its longest conference losing streak in seven years.
- Austin Peay defeats Murray State 83-80
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU