Brown’s double-double leads Lamar over UCA, 59-57
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Jay Brown put up 16 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Lamar to a 59-57 win Wednesday night over Central Arkansas.
Lamar (12-9, 3-5 Southland Conference) led by as many as 13 points in the first half, but was up by only 27-24 at intermission.
Neither team had a good shooting night. UCA (9-12, 2-6) made 33 percent of its shots, and Lamar was at 37 percent.
Brandon McThay came off the bench to score 14 points for the Cardinals, while Kenny Dawkins added 12.
Taylor Brooks led the Bears with 18 points. Mitch Rueter was the only other UCA player scoring in double digits, with 12 points.
- Brown's double-double leads Lamar over UCA, 59-57
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1