Texas State beats SE Louisiana 84-82
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 22 points and had 11 rebounds and Texas State withstood a late rally to defeat Southeastern Louisiana 84-82 Wednesday night.
Johnson’s double-double was his third of the season.
Southeastern Louisiana outscored Texas State 16-3 over the final 4:35 of the game. Brandon Fortenberry, who had five points in the run, hit a free throw with 14 seconds left to cut Texas State’s lead to 83-82. Ryan White made a free throw with 13 seconds left for the final margin.
Brandon Bush added 16 points and John Rybak had 14 for Texas State (10-11, 3-5 Southland).
Damon Forest led Southeastern Louisiana (9-12, 3-5) with 15 points. Robert Tibbs had 13, Chris Cyprian 12 and David Ndoumba scored 10.
The Bobcats led 45-42 at the half.
- Texas State beats SE Louisiana 84-82
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU