NC State knocks off NC Central 87-59
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Brandon Costner scored 25 points to lead North Carolina State to an 87-59 victory over North Carolina Central on Tuesday night.
Ben McCauley added 17 points and the Wolfpack (12-8) outrebounded the Eagles 52-14.
North Carolina Central (2-23) jumped out to a 10-2 lead in the first 3:30 by hitting its first four shots.
However, N.C. State went on a 39-11 run in the next 10 minutes to take a 41-21 lead on Tracy Smith’s 3-pointer.
McCauley was 4 for 5 from the floor for 11 first-half points. Courtney Fells scored all 15 of his points in the first half, hitting three 3-pointers.
The Eagles never got closer than eight points in the second half as the Wolfpack pulled away with a 13-0 run.
Jamar Briscoe scored 28 points to lead North Carolina Central.
- NC State knocks off NC Central 87-59
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat