McKee’s 3-pointers help Kent St. beat Toledo 81-53
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Tyree Evans scored 14 points and Mike McKee added four decisive 3-pointers just before halftime to lead Kent State past Toledo 81-52 Tuesday night.
McKee’s third 3-pointer put Kent State (11-11, 4-4 Mid-American) ahead 36-24 with 34 seconds left in the half and gave the Golden Flashes a double-digit lead they wouldn’t relinquish. He made another 3-pointer with four seconds remaining until intermission.
Tyrone Kent led Toledo (4-18, 2-6) with 17 points, Justin Anyijong added 13 points and nine rebounds and Larry Bastfield scored 10.
Julian Sullinger scored 12 points for Kent State, which shot 61.5 percent in the second half as the Golden Flashes ran up their lead
- McKee's 3-pointers help Kent St. beat Toledo 81-53
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU