S. Carolina St. beats Florida A&M 67-52
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Josh Jackson scored 16 points and Jason Flagler notched a double-double to lead South Carolina State in a 67-52 win over Florida A&M on Monday night.
Jessie Burton also added 12 points for the Bulldogs (9-11, 4-4 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who won their third straight game. Burton was 2-for-4 from beyond the arc.
Brandon Bryant led the Rattlers (6-14, 4-4) with 11 points and Joe Ballard had 10. The Rattlers have lost four in a row.
The Bulldogs built on a three-point halftime lead, outscoring the Rattlers 27-15 in the second half.
South Carolina State won the battle of the boards, outrebounding FAMU 46-28 en route to victory.
- S. Carolina St. beats Florida A&M 67-52
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU