Stony Brook edges Md-Balt County 56-55
STONYBROOK, N.Y. (AP)—Chris Martin made a free throw with 18 seconds left to give Stony Brook a 56-55 victory against Maryland-Baltimore County on Saturday night.
Matt Spadafora made a 3-pointer with 46 second left to tie the game at at 55 for UMBC (9-12, 3-6 America East).
Muhammad El-Amin led the Seawolves (12-10, 4-5) with 15 points and Martin added 11.
Darryl Proctor led the Retrievers with a game-high 20 points. Spadafora scored 11 points and Justin Fry added 10 points and 12 rebounds .
Stony Brook led 27-25 at half and never trailed, though the game was tied eight times.
- Stony Brook edges Md-Balt County 56-55
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat