Montana defeats E. Washington 60-52
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP)—Anthony Johnson scored 20 points and had six assists to lead Montana to a 60-52 win over Eastern Washington on Saturday night.
Jordan Hasquet added 12 points and a team-high 10 rebounds, while Jack McGillis finished with 11 points for the Grizzlies (13-9, 7-3 Big Sky).
Montana took a 17-4 lead with 11:57 remaining in the first half after Johnson and Hasquet hit back-to-back 3-pointers. But the Grizzlies went without scoring for nearly nine minutes to open the second half, and Eastern Washington’s Andy Genao tied the game at 35-35 with a 3-pointer with 9:50 remaining.
Johnson gave the momentum back to the Grizzlies, hitting a layup and a three-point play on consecutive possessions to make it 45-38 with 6:41 to play.
Genao led the Eagles (9-13, 3-7) with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Adris DeLeon came off the bench to add 12 points, and Brandon Moore finished with 10.
- Montana defeats E. Washington 60-52
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent