Vermont comes from behind to beat Maine 75-65
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Marqus Blakely scored 23 points and grabbed 20 rebounds as Vermont came from behind to defeat Maine 75-65 on Wednesday night.
Vermont (15-6, 6-2 America East) won its sixth straight game after trailing by eight points early in the second half. The Catamounts tied it 52-52 with 9:20 left in the game, and used a 12-2 run over five minutes to pull ahead 68-58 with 2:13 left.
Colin McIntosh scored 13 points for Vermont and Evan Fjeld added 12. Mike Trimboli had four assists to become the school?s all-time leader with 568.
Mark Socoby scored 20 points for Maine (8-13, 3-5). Kiamondre Owes added 15 and Junior Bernal had 10 for the Black Bears.
- Vermont comes from behind to beat Maine 75-65
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU