A&M breaks 3-game losing streak with win over Tech
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—B.J. Holmes had six 3-pointers and finished with 24 points, both career-highs, to lead Texas A&M to a 79-70 win over Texas Tech on Wednesday night.
The win broke a three-game losing streak for the Aggies.
The sophomore didn’t miss from long-range until his seventh attempt. He hit five 3s in the first half, including three in just more than a minute. His sixth one gave Texas A&M a lead after the Red Raiders’ had tied it with about 13 minutes left.
The Aggies (16-5, 2-4 Big 12 Conference) didn’t trail after that and led by four before Derrick Roland’s 3-pointer stretched A&M’s lead to 71-64 with just more than three minutes remaining.
Texas Tech (11-9, 1-4) was led by Robert Lewandowski and John Roberson, who scored 20 points each.
- A&M breaks 3-game losing streak with win over Tech
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU