Lipscomb beats Kennesaw St. 90-78
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic scored 20 points, leading five Lipscomb players in double figures in a 90-78 win over Kennesaw State on Monday night.
Josh Slater added 16 points and Brandon Brown, Michael Lusk and Michael Teller each added 12 points for the Bisons (8-11, 4-6 Atlantic Sun Conference).
The Owls (6-12, 2-7) had four players in double-figure scoring, led by Kelvin McConnell with 18 points. Kurtis Woods added 16, Jonathan Whipple had 11 and Jon-Michael Nickerson chipped in with 10.
The Bisons shot 58.8 percent from the field (30 of 51), compared to a 48.3 percent mark (29 of 60) for the Owls.
Despite a high-scoring second half that saw both teams pour in 45, it was Lipscomb’s 12-point halftime lead that made the difference.
- Lipscomb beats Kennesaw St. 90-78
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat