Oregon State beats Bakersfield 65-59
CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP)—Roeland Schaftenaar had 20 points and eight rebounds Monday in Oregon State’s 65-59 nonconference win over Cal State Bakersfield.
Oregon State (9-10) used a 7-0 run early in the second half to break a 34-34 tie and take the lead for good. But the Beavers had to hold on late as the Roadrunners cut a 13-point deficit to four in the final minute.
Alex Johnson had 19 points—including six 3-pointers—to lead Cal State Bakersfield (5-15).
Schaftenaar, the Pac-10 Conference’s player of the week after Oregon State’s surprising wins at California and Stanford, was 9-of-15 from the floor and also had three assists and two blocks.
Calvin Haynes added 19 points and five rebounds for the Beavers.
- Oregon State beats Bakersfield 65-59
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat