MVSU beats Texas Southern 81-68
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Dwayne Harmason scored 19 points to lead Mississippi Valley State to an 81-68 win over Texas Southern on Monday night.
Harmason added seven rebounds and six assists for the Delta Devils (3-17, 3-4 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Eric Petty contributed 13 points and 10 rebounds.
The Tigers (1-19, 1-6) were paced by DeAndre Hall, who scored 22 points. Sollie Norwood added 18 points in the losing effort.
The Delta Devils shot 46.8 percent from the field (22-for-47), while Texas Southern shot 50 percent (24-for-48).
After beating Prairie View A&M on Jan. 24, Monday’s win provided MVSU with their first back-to-back wins all season.
Texas Southern is on a five-game losing streak. The Tigers’ lone win of the season came on Jan. 5 against Alcorn State.
The Delta Devils outrebounded the Tigers 35-28.
Texas Southern led 32-30 at halftime.
- MVSU beats Texas Southern 81-68
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat