Duo leads Stony Brook past Hartford, 72-63
STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP)—Bryan Dougher and Demetrius Young scored 21 points apiece and Stony Brook led all the way in a 72-63 victory over Hartford on Sunday.
Tom Brenton added 17 points and 14 rebounds for the Seawolves (11-9, 3-4 America East), who held a 29-18 lead at the half.
Jaret Von Rosenberg scored 21 points to lead the Hawks (6-15, 2-5), Genesis Maciel added 13, and Michael Turner had nine points and 10 rebounds.
Dougher and El Amin Muhammad each had 3-pointers in the Seawolves’ opening 16-3 run. They increased their advantage to 45-28 on a Young’s jumper at 13:30.
Von Rosenberg hit a 3 to get Hartford within 48-44 with 9:56 to play.
- Duo leads Stony Brook past Hartford, 72-63
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat