UCF beats Marshall 87-69
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Jermaine Taylor’s 27 points led four Central Florida players in double figures in an 87-69 victory over Marshall on Sunday.
Central Florida (13-6, 3-2 Conference USA) shot 58.3 percent from the floor (28 of 48) in the win. The Knights led by as many as 22 points in the second half, fueled by a 12-0 run midway through the period.
A.J. Tyler scored 15 points, Tony Davis had 12 points and Isaac Sosa finished with 10.
Chris Lutz led the Thundering Herd (9-10, 2-3) with 20 points. Dago Pena finished with 13 points and Markel Humphrey and Shaquille Johnson had 12 apiece.
An 11-2 run in the final 3:40 of the opening quarter, including two 3-pointers by Taylor, propelled Central Florida to a 50-41 halftime advantage. Taylor missed five of his first six shots from the floor, but went 5-for-5 over the final 5:41 of the first half.
- UCF beats Marshall 87-69
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU