Alabama A&M beats Alcorn St. 91-76
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Trant Simpson scored 22 points, dished out 12 assists and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Alabama A&M to a 91-76 win over Alcorn State on Saturday night.
Three other players scored double figures for the Bulldogs (4-10, 2-4 Southwest Athletic Conference). Casey Cantel scored 19 points, Desmond Jackson had 16 and John Smith added 10. Smith also had 11 rebounds.
The win snapped a four-game losing skid for the Bulldogs.
Troy Jackson scored 21 to lead the Braves (3-17, 1-6), who have lost 12 of their last 13 games. Anthony Ford and Jarvis Williams added 14 points apiece.
Alabama A&M got 44 points from its bench, while Alcorn State got just 20 from reserves.
- Alabama A&M beats Alcorn St. 91-76
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU