Central Michigan beats Northern Illinois 58-45
DEKALB, Ill. (AP)—Marcus Van scored 14 points and pulled down 20 rebounds to lead Central Michigan over Northern Illinois 58-45 in Mid-American Conference play.
The Chippewas (5-12, 2-3) went into halftime at the Convocation Center on Saturday afternoon with a slim 24-21 advantage. Their largest lead after the break was 21 points.
Jacolby Hardiman and Jeremy Allen added 10 points each for Central Michigan.
The Huskies (6-11, 2-3) struggled on offense, scoring just 14 points from the paint compared to 26 by Central Michigan.
Northern Illinois guard Mike DiNunno lead all scorers with 25 points. But no other Huskies even managed to score in double digits; Tyler Storm chipped in 6 points for Northern Illinois, and Ante Dzepina and Sean Smith each added 4.
- Central Michigan beats Northern Illinois 58-45
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat