La Salle beats Massachusetts 62-54
AMHERST, Mass. (AP)—Rodney Green scored 22 points and made clutch contributions in the second half to help La Salle to a 62-54 win over Massachusetts on Saturday.
The Explorers (11-7, 2-2 Atlantic 10 Conference) were clinging to a 51-50 lead when Green made back-to-back baskets to preserve the victory. Kimmani Barrett, with 11 points, was the only other double-figure scorer for La Salle.
La Salle led 34-28 at halftime.
UMass (7-ll, 2-3 A-10) was in front only three times, the last at 10-9 in the early minutes.
Tony Gaffney led the Minutemen with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Chris Lowe added 10 points and three assists.
La Salle dominated the first half, leading by as many as 13 points (33-20) near the intermission.
- La Salle beats Massachusetts 62-54
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat