Boise State beats Louisiana State 58-53
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Ike Okoye led Boise State with 16 points as the Broncos defeated Louisiana Tech 58-53 on Saturday in a Western Athletic Conference game.
Okoye’s layup with 1:42 gave Boise State (14-5, 5-2 Western Athletic Conference) its first lead since it owned a 27-26 advantage with 1:10 gone in the second half.
Anthony Thomas scored 12 points and had 10 assists and, Paul Noonan and Kurt Cunningham each scored eight points for the Broncos.
Magnum Rolle led Louisiana Tech (8-12, 2-5) with 23 points and 10 rebounds. The Bulldogs lost for the fifth time in six games.
Boise State won its second straight game to improve to 11-1 at home this season and 4-0 in conference games at Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State beats Louisiana State 58-53
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU