Texas-Arlington defeats Stephen F. Austin 67-52
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Brandon Long scored 17 points and three other players had double digits in Texas-Arlington’s 67-52 victory over Stephen F. Austin on Wednesday night.
Anthony Vereen added 15, Roge’r Guignard scored 12, four from 3-pointers, and Marquez Haynes contributed 11 for the Mavericks (10-7, 3-1 Southland Conference). Tommy Moffitt led Texas-Arlington in rebounding with 10 boards.
Eric Bell led with 13 points for the Lumberjacks (11-5, 3-1) while Josh Alexander and Nick Shaw each scored 10 points.
Stephen F. Austin was down by only one at the half with the Mavericks leading 30-29. But Texas-Arlington went on a 25-8 scoring run to start the second half and coasted the rest of the way. Long scored 13 points during the run.
- Texas-Arlington defeats Stephen F. Austin 67-52
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU