Va. Commonwealth beats Georgia St. 65-50
ATLANTA (AP)—Eric Maynor scored 26 points to lead Virginia Commonwealth in a 65-50 win over Georgia State on Wednesday night.
Joey Rodriguez added 13 points and Larry Sanders had 11 for the Rams (14-5, 7-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who shot 47.8 percent from the floor (22 of 46) en route to victory. Maynor also went 3-for-5 from beyond the arc and added six assists, while Sanders tallied seven rebounds and five blocks.
Leonard Mendez led the Panthers (5-14, 3-5) with 16 points, and was the only Georgia State player in double-figure scoring.
The Panthers shot just 35.4 percent in the game (17 of 48).
The Rams outscored the Panthers 24-10 in the paint and 13-2 on the fast-break.
Georgia State trailed the entire game, and VCU built a 17-point lead early in the second half.
- Va. Commonwealth beats Georgia St. 65-50
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent