Boon leads Bucknell over Lafayette, 71-61
LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP)—G.W. Boon scored a game-high 20 points to lead Bucknell to a 71-61 win over Lafayette on Wednesday.
Patrick Behan and Byran Cohen each chipped in 14 points for the Bison (4-14, 1-3 Patriot League) and Cohen also had 10 rebounds.
Andrew Brown had 19 points and was the only player scoring in double figures for Lafayette (6-12, 2-2). Ryan Willen added nine points and six rebounds.
Both teams shot less than 40 percent from the field in the first half and Bucknell held a 35-24 lead at the break.
For the game, Bucknell capitalized by scoring 17 points off of 12 Lafayette turnovers. The Bison also won the battle of the paint, scoring 38 points to 30 for Lafayette.
- Boon leads Bucknell over Lafayette, 71-61
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat