Eastern Kentucky beats Chicago State 71-68
CHICAGO (AP)—Justin Stommes scored 19 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Eastern Kentucky to a 71-68 win over Chicago State on Tuesday night.
Jorge Camacho scored 14 points and Mike Rose added 10 points for Eastern Kentucky (11-8, Ohio Valley), which led 40-33 at halftime.
The Colonels held Chicago State’s David Holston, who entered the game as the NCAA’s third-leading scorer averaging 26.4 points per game, to 15 points. Holston was 2-for-12 from 3-point range.
Eastern Kentucky shot 51 percent from the field for the game, compared to 43 percent for the Cougars.
John Cantrell led Chicago State (10-9), which is now 5-1 at home, with a game-high 20 points. Carl Montgomery added 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Eastern Kentucky beats Chicago State 71-68
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU