MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Brandon Lampley scored 16, including five key points down the stretch, as Ball State beat Western Michigan 50-44 Tuesday night in the Mid-American Conference.
Laron Frazier scored 10 off the bench for the Cardinals (8-8, 3-1). Malik Perry and Jarrod Jones had 11 rebounds each for Ball State, which outscored Western Michigan 18-8 in the paint.
Derek Drews had 17 points and eight rebounds for the Broncos (6-11, 3-1). David Kool scored 11 for Western Michigan, which led 20-19 at the break.
Ball State’s Rob Giles hit a layup to tie the game at 34 with 9:21 left. Lampley then hit a jumper to launch an 11-3 run that he helped along with a 3-pointer.
The Broncos closed to within three on back-to-back Kool free throws, but Ball State extended its lead with free throws by Jones and Pierre Sneed in the closing seconds.
- Ball State beats W. Michigan 50-44
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU