Boston University beats Stony Brook 99-97
BOSTON (AP)—Corey Lowe scored seven of his game-high 33 points in the fourth overtime Monday, lifting Boston University to a wild 99-97 victory over Stony Brook.
Lowe was scoreless in the first half, but scored 21 points during the four overtime periods to also finish with eight rebounds and seven assists.
John Holland, who earlier in the day won his second straight conference Player of the Week award, played the entire 60 minutes, scoring 29 points and grabbed seven rebounds for BU (8-9, 3-2 America East Conference).
Chris Martin, also scoreless in the first half, scored a career-high 26 points, Bryan Dougher had 18 and Tommy Brenton added 15 and 17 rebounds for the Seawolves (9-9, 1-4).
Stony Brook’s Muhammad El-Amin hit a 3-pointer at the regulation buzzer tie the game at 56-56 and force overtime. BU went on to outscore the visitors, 43-41, in the four overtime periods.
- Boston University beats Stony Brook 99-97
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat