Central Arkansas defeats Texas State 77-72
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Mitch Rueter scored 20 points to lead Central Arkansas to a 77-72 Southland Conference victory over Texas State on Saturday.
Rueter was 2-of-2 in three-pointers. Brooks Taylor scored 19 points and Marcus Pillow added 15. Brian Marks grabbed 10 rebounds.
Central Arkansas (8-8, 1-2) was ahead by nine going into the half with 40-31 on the scoreboard. The Bears outshot the Bobcats in free throws for the second half, making 73.9 percent to Texas State’s 63.6 percent.
The Bobcats (8-8, 1-2) had four players in double digits. John Rybak scored 16 points; Ty Gough and Corey Jefferson each scored 12, and Brandon Bush added 11 points.
- Central Arkansas defeats Texas State 77-72
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat