Cent. Connecticut St. 71, St. Francis, Pa. 61
LORETTO, Pa. (AP)—Ken Horton scored 20 points and Central Connecticut made a double-digit halftime lead stand up in a 71-61 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Saturday.
Marcus Palmer scored 15 points, Joe Seymore 14 and Robby Ptacek 13 for Central Connecticut (8-9, 4-3 Northeast Conference), which overcame an early nine-point deficit.
Devin Sweetney led St. Francis, Pa. (4-13, 1-6) with 19 points, and Marquis Ford finished with 13 points. The Red Flash were held scoreless for a span of 7:37 in the loss.
Horton shot 11-for-14 from the line and Central Connecticut shot 53.7 percent (22-for-41) overall. The Blue Devils played without second-leading scorer Shemik Thompson, sidelined with a broken nose.
- The Dagger's sorry little Mid-Major's preview
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat