NC A&T defeats Md.-Eastern Shore 76-61
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Tavarus Alston scored 10 of his 12 points in the second half and North Carolina A&T defeated Maryand-Eastern Shore 76-61 on Saturday.
The Aggies (7-10, 2-2 Mid-Eastern Conference) trailed 38-30 at halftime, before Alston scored six points to spark a 12-2 run, which gave North Carolina A&T a 42-40 lead with 15:57 left.
After the Hawks (3-10, 1-2) closed the deficit to 46-45, the Aggies surged with a 16-4 run to claim a 62-49 lead with 7:52 left.
The Aggies, who shot 33.3 percent in the first half (10 of 30), shot 52.9 percent in the second (18 of 43).
Ed Jones scored 17 points, Nicholas Wilson had 16 and Dwane Joshua chipped in 12 for North Carolina A&T.
The Hawks were led by Neal Pitt with 16 and Keishawn Mayes’ 12 points.
- NC A&T defeats Md.-Eastern Shore 76-61
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat