Georgia State beats Towson 68-46
ATLANTA (AP)—Kevin Lott scored 14 points to lead Georgia State to a 68-46 rout over Towson on Saturday.
Joe Dukes added 12 points and Dante Curry had 10 for the Panthers (5-13, 3-4 Colonial Athletic Association), who jumped out to a 30-17 lead by the break and never looked back. Lott hit 3 of 4 shots from beyond the arc in the win.
Josh Thornton led the Tigers (7-12, 2-5) with 17 points as the only Towson player to score in double figures.
The Panthers didn’t have the best night from the floor—shooting 41.5 percent (22 of 53)—but they were a lot better than the Tigers, who finished with just a 27.1 mark (16 of 59).
Georgia State also hit 17 of 21 free throws, while Towson was 10 of 15 from the line.
The win snapped a four-game skid for the Panthers, while the Tigers have lost four in a row.
- Georgia State beats Towson 68-46
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat