Tillema scored 19 as Wis-Green Bay wins
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Ryan Tillema scored 19 points to lead Wisconsin-Green Bay past Cleveland State 80-65 in Horizon League action Thursday night.
Green Bay held the Vikings to one field goal during a pivotal eight-minute stretch of the second half to pull away.
Nathan Bullock’s basket in the lane brought the Vikings within 56-52, but the Phoenix pulled away by scoring 20 of the next 28 points to take a commanding 76-60 lead.
Green Bay (12-5, 5-1) also got 17 points from Rahmon Fletcher, en route to its sixth win in seven games.
The Vikings (13-6, 4-3) were powered by Bullock and Cedric Jackson, who scored 40 of the team’s first 52 points, including 20 in a row spanning the halves. Bullock led the Vikings with 22 points and Jackson had 21.
- Tillema scored 19 as Wis-Green Bay wins
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat