Ill.-Chicago beats Valparaiso 77-52
CHICAGO (AP)—Robo Kreps had a game-high 23 points to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 77-52 win over Valparaiso on Thursday night.
Tori Boyd scored 14 points, Rob Eppinger had 13 points and Josh Mayo added 10 points for Illinois-Chicago (9-7, 2-4 Horizon), which led 35-27 at halftime.
A 3-pointer by Michael Rogers boosted Valparaiso (5-13, 2-5) to a 22-15 lead with 8:44 left in the first half. But Valparaiso couldn’t keep up with the Flames, who went on a 20-5 run to close out the period.
After the break, Illinois-Chicago held Valparaiso to 33 percent shooting from the field and 0-for-5 from 3-point range. The Flames also got 27 points off 18 Crusader turnovers.
Howard Little led Valparaiso with 26 points. Cameron Witt and Rogers each added 10 points.
- Ill.-Chicago beats Valparaiso 77-52
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat