Eastern Illinois beats Eastern Kentucky 58-48
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Romain Martin and Billy Parrish each scored 15 points to lead Eastern Illinois to a 58-48 win over Eastern Kentucky on Thursday night.
Ousmane Cisse added 12 points and 14 rebounds and Tyler Laser had 10 points for Eastern Illinois (7-9, 4-2 Ohio Valley), which led 26-25 at halftime.
The teams traded the lead throughout the second half. A Parrish layup put the Panthers ahead 50-48 with 2:20 left. Eastern Illinois sank eight consecutive free throws to put the game away.
Eastern Illinois withstood an onslaught of 3-point attempts by Eastern Kentucky (9-8, 3-4). The Colonels were 11-for-36 from beyond the arc. The Panthers outrebounded the Colonels 44-24.
Mike Rose had a game-high 27 points, including seven 3-pointers, for Eastern Kentucky. Josh Taylor fouled out of the game.
- Eastern Illinois beats Eastern Kentucky 58-48
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU