Stephen F. Austin beats Cent. Arkansas 72-55
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Matt Kingsley scored 16 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and notched four blocks for his second double-double of the season in Stephen F. Austin’s 72-55 win over Central Arkansas on Wednesday night.
The Lumberjacks (10-4, 2-0 Southland Conference) shot 43.6 percent from the field (24 of 55) compared to a 35.1 percent night (20 of 57) for Central Arkansas (7-8, 0-2).
The Bears closed the deficit to 40-35 with 15:45 to go, before the Lumberjacks went on a 25-10 run over a 9 minute period.
Nick Shaw had 14 points, Josh Alexander added 13 and Girod Adams scored 12 points for the Lumberjacks.
The Bears were led by Mitch Rueter with 13 points, followed by Chris Brown and Marcus Pillow with 10 points apiece. Brian Marks added 10 rebounds for Central Arkansas, which lost the battle of the boards 34-31.
- Stephen F. Austin beats Cent. Arkansas 72-55
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat