Creighton tops S. Illinois 73-72 in OT
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—P’Allen Stinnet’s scored 29 points and Josh Dotzler’s steal with 51 seconds left in overtime sparked Creighton to a 73-72 come-from-behind victory over Southern Illinois on Wednesday.
The Bluejays (14-4) were down 69-65 with less than a minute to play in the extra session when Stinnett hit a 3-pointer that closed the gap to one.
Ryan Hare was called for a charge on the ensuing possession for the Salukis, giving Creighton the opportunity to move in front on Booker Woodfox’s three with 21.4 seconds left in overtime.
Stinnett scored 29 points for the Jays, who improved to 4-2 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Dillard had 21 points for the Salukis, now 7-10 overall and 2-4 in the MVC.
- Creighton tops S. Illinois 73-72 in OT
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent