Belmont defeats Lipscomb 79-74
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Andy Wicke scored 26 points and Belmont defeated Lipscomb 79-74 on Monday night.
The game was tied 35-35 at halftime before the Bruins (9-6, 5-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) went on a 15-3 run, sparked by two 3-pointers from Wicke, to take a 50-38 lead with 15:13 left in the game.
The Bruins scored 20 points off of 14 Bisons turnovers.
Shane Dansby added 15 points for Belmont, Matthew Dotson notched 14 and Jon House had 10.
Lipscomb (6-9, 2-4) was led by 20 points and 10 rebounds from Josh Slater. Brandon Brown added 15 points and Adnan Hodzic scored 11 for the Bisons.
Belmont shot 45.6 percent from the field (26 of 57), edging a 44.2 percent (23 of 52) effort by the Bisons.
- Belmont defeats Lipscomb 79-74
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU