Ark.-Pine Bluff defeats Alabama A&M 70-56
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Savalance Townsend helped Arkansas-Pine Bluff come back to defeat Alabama A&M 70-56 Monday night.
Townsend’s nine-point effort allowed the Golden Lions (3-11) to take a 33-28 lead going into the second half. Tyree Glass led with 13 points, Townsend had 12 and Ricky Parks scored 11. Eric Brooks hit 10 and had five assists.
Alabama A&M (3-9) had a 24-23 lead with 2:55 left in the first half on Jonathan Inman’s two free throws. Casey Canty led the Bulldogs with 17 points and six rebounds.
- Ark.-Pine Bluff defeats Alabama A&M 70-56
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent