Binghamton 70, Utah Valley St. 80
OREM, Utah (AP)—Ryan Toolson led Utah Valley with 21 points and the Wolverines defeated Binghamton University 80-70 Saturday night to end the Bearcats’ six-game winning streak.
Justin Baker added a career-high 19 for Utah Valley.
After a close first half, the Wolverines (8-6) led 39-34. Utah Valley maintained the lead throughout the second half, although Binghamton (10-5) kept the score close behind DJ Rivera’s 17 points.
Toolson came alive late, hitting a 3-pointer with just over three minutes left in regulation to stretch the Wolverine lead to eight at 66-58. Utah Valley made its free throws down the stretch to seal the victory.
- Binghamton 70, Utah Valley St. 80
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU