Morin scores 17 as Yale beats Hartford 71-63
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Ross Morin scored 17 points and grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds to lead Yale over Hartford 71-63 on Saturday.
Yale rallied from a nine-point halftime deficit. The Bulldogs (5-9) got 14 points from Travis Pinick and Alex Zampier. Pinick also grabbed nine rebounds and led all players with six assists.
Hartford (5-11) got a game-high 24 points from guard Jaret von Rosenberg and 14 points from Andres Torres. The Hawks announced Thursday that they will play the rest of the season without leading scorer Joe Zeglinski, who needs season-ending ankle surgery.
Hartford used a 13-3 run midway through the first half to open up a 30-22 lead, and led 38-29 at the intermission. But Yale tied the game early in the second half and finally took the lead for good on a pair of free throws by Pinick with 5:51 to play.
- Morin scores 17 as Yale beats Hartford 71-63
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent