Siena tops Rider, 91-81, in MAAC title rematch
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)Edwin Ubiles had 19 points and led five scorers in double figures as Siena topped Rider 91-81 Friday in a rematch of last season’s Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference championship game.
Kenny Hasbrouck had 18 points, and Alex Franklin added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Saints (11-5, 5-0 MAAC). After leading 41-40 at halftime, Siena trailed 44-43 in the opening minute of the second half before going on a five-minute, 21-7 sprint to take the lead for good.
The Broncs (8-6, 3-1 MAAC) countered with an 11-2 run but never narrowed the gap to less than four points for the rest of the game. Mike Ringgold had 16 points and 10 rebounds for Rider, and Harris Mansell added 19 points.
Franklin and Ubiles capped the victory with consecutive breakaway dunks in the final minute, with Ubiles completing a 360-degree slam.
The teams’ last matchup propelled Siena into the NCAA tournament.
- Siena tops Rider, 91-81, in MAAC title rematch
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat