Arkansas St beats Denver 73-72 in OT
DENVER (AP)—Donald Boone scored all of Arkansas State’s 10 points in overtime to lead the Red Wolves over the University of Denver 73-72 Thursday night.
Boone led Arkansas State (11-4, 3-1 Sun Belt) with 27 points and scored two free throws with 11 seconds remaining to give his team the lead for good. The Red Wolves shot 47.7 percent to Denver’s 54.2 percent.
Junior Nate Rohnert led the Pioneers (6-9, 1-3) with a career-high 28 points and eight rebounds. Brian Stafford had 12 points, and sophomores Rob Lewis and Kyle Lewis each had 10 points.
Denver led 59-58 with less than five minutes to go in the second half after scoring seven unanswered points. They trailed by four late in the game but Lewis and Rohnert each scored jump shots to tie the score at 65-65 and send it into overtime.
- Arkansas St beats Denver 73-72 in OT
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent