Yale 80, N.J. Tech 51
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—Alex Zampier scored 18 points to lead Yale to an 80-51 win over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Wednesday night, sending the Highlanders to their 48th consecutive loss.
Porter Braswell added 14 points for the Bulldogs (4-9), while Travis Pinick had 13 and Ross Morin finished with 10. Gary Garris had 19 points and 10 rebounds for NJIT (0-15), while Isaiah Wilkerson added 15 points.
The teams traded the lead for most of the first half before Yale went ahead for good on Morin’s jumper with 4:36 remaining, and the Bulldogs closed the half out with a 17-4 run to grab a 33-20 lead at the break. Yale then dominated NJIT in the second half, leading by as many as 31 points and maintaining double-digit leads throughout.
NJIT has not won since it defeated Longwood on February 19, 2007.
- Yale 80, N.J. Tech 51
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU