Scott leads Virginia past Brown, 74-50
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP)—Mike Scott had 15 points and 10 rebounds and Sammy Zeglinski scored 14 points on Tuesday night as Virginia closed its nonconference schedule with a 74-50 victory against Brown.
The Cavaliers (7-5), who play at state and Atlantic Coast Conference rival Virginia Tech on Saturday, led 39-29 at halftime and used a 23-7 second-half run to coast to the victory—their 13th straight win against an Ivy league team.
Brown (5-8) was led by Peter Sullivan with 14 points and Adrian Williams with 13, but the Bears commited 16 turnovers that led to 25 Cavaliers points and were basically overmatched. The Bears shot just 35 percent, were outrebounded 41-29 and never challenged after halftime.
Scott had 13 points and eight rebounds by halftime. Mustapha Farrakhan added nine points in the game, Jamil Tucker had eight and Mamadi Diane scored seven.
- Scott leads Virginia past Brown, 74-50
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent