Loyola of Chicago beats Wis.-Green Bay 62-60
CHICAGO (AP)—J.R. Blount hit two free throws with 4.9 seconds left as Loyola of Chicago beat Wisconsin-Green Bay 62-60 on Monday night.
The Phoenix and Ramblers traded momentum, with the score tied 11 times and the lead changing 13 times. Loyola (9-6, 1-2 Horizon League) led 32-25 at the intermission on 56 percent first-half shooting.
Wisconsin-Green Bay (10-5, 3-1) fought back and Troy Cotton tied the game with a 3-pointer with 34.7 seconds left.
Blount was fouled by Rahmon Fletcher as he drove for the basket. He sank the two free throws and a 3-point try by Cotton missed as time expired.
Blount led the Ramblers with 17 points while Cerasoli add 15 and Leon Young had 10.
Randy Berry led the Phoenix with 16 points. Ryan Tillema had 13 and Fletcher added 11.
- Loyola of Chicago beats Wis.-Green Bay 62-60
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat