Jacksonville State defeats SE Missouri State 71-66
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Jeremy Bynum scored nine of his 15 points in the first half and Jacksonville State defeated Southeast Missouri State 71-66 on Monday night.
The Gamecocks (8-4, 2-1 Ohio Valley Conference) jumped out to a 13-2 lead with 15:34 left in the first half and led 41-24 at halftime.
The Redhawks (3-12, 0-4) closed the deficit to 69-66 with 9 seconds left to play on two Bijon Jones free throws, but DeAndre Bray and Amadou Mbodji each hit a free throw to seal the game for the Gamecocks.
Jacksonville State led by as many as 21 points with 18:56 remaining on Bynum’s two free throws.
Nick Murphy had 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Gamecocks, and Mbodji added 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Calvin Williams led the Redhawks with his second straight double-double with 20 points, 13 rebounds and four blocked shots.
- Jacksonville State defeats SE Missouri State 71-66
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat