James Madison beats Drexel 66-60
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—Juwann James matched his career high with 24 points to lead James Madison to a 66-60 win over Drexel on Monday night, marking the Dukes’ first victory over the Dragons in series history.
James Madison (9-6, 1-2 Colonial Athletic Association) rallied from a 29-23 halftime deficit to defeat Drexel (5-7, 1-2) for the first time in 13 tries.
James Madison, coming off a 58-57 loss to Towson on Saturday, took the lead at 53-52 with 3:44 left on a Devon Moore layup. The lead changed hands four times until the Dukes moved ahead for good at 59-58 with 44 seconds left on the first of two James dunks.
Evan Neisler, who led Drexel with 22 points and nine rebounds, hit two free throws to cut the lead to 62-60 with 13 seconds left. Kyle Swanston hit two free throws and Julius Wells had a dunk to seal the win.
Wells added 11 points for the Dukes.
- James Madison beats Drexel 66-60
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent